Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Welcome to my Blog :)

Hi, My name is Ashton and welcome to my Blog. I finally got around to setting one up so I can share things I've been working on as well as express my thoughts / feelings.

I have a myriad of interests in pretty much every field of science and technology, programming and art. One of my hobbies is electronics; I made my first light bulb turn on when I was about 3 years old and I'm now working with micro controllers: the Arduino to be specific which I just love for its open source background as well as native support for the C/C++ language which I'm familiar with, for anyone doing electronics I highly recommend it.

So far I've only made a few small things with the Arduino but I have much larger plans for the future. The best project I have made with it so far was a GMail aggregator which parsed my email address every 10 minutes and turned a light emitting diode on and off depending on if I had unread mail.

I love to fix things too and solve problems everyday, I never think of throwing something out without taking a chance to see if I can get it to work again but even if I can't I can usually recycle and use what breaks later in my projects.

That's all I can think of for now but I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Ashton.

No comments:

Post a Comment